To access your powerPay account online, visit www.myusage.com. This web site will allow you to monitor usage and view the remaining balance on your powerPay account. You can also manage your alert settings on this site. To manage your account through a free app on your smartphone, download Myusage Mobile. To receive your balance or make a payment by phone, call 1-866-765-4073. To receive your balance through text messaging, text BAL to 77407.
"I understand that I am solely responsible for managing and updating the notification settings on my powerPayaccount(s). Failure to receive alerts does not invalidate any of the terms or conditionpowerPay Agreement. I understand that I will not receive a paper bill." To manage your account through a free app on your smartphone, download Myusage Mobile. To receive your balance or make a payment by phone, call 1-866-765-4073. To receive your balance through text messaging, text BAL to 77407.
1. NEW MEMBERS OF MDEC, MUST COMPLETE A MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION. THOSE MEMBERS WHO WISH TO SET UP A powerPAY ACCOUNT WILL BE REQUIRED TO PAY A $5.00 MEMBERSHIP, A $10.00 NEW CUSTOMER ACTIVATION FEE AND A $25.00 MINIMUM PAYMENT ON THEIR powerPAY ACCOUNT. THAT IS A TOTAL OF $40.00.
2. EXISTING MEMBERS CONVERTING TO THE NEW ACCOUNT WILL HAVE AN EXISTING DEPOSIT THAT WILL BE APPLIED TOWARD ANY OUTSTANDING BALANCES; WITH THE REMAINING CREDIT APPLIED TO THE powerPAY ACCOUNT. ALL FEES AND BILLED USAGE MUST BE PAID BEFORE YOUR ACCOUNT CAN BE CONVERTED TO THE powerPAY ACCOUNT. ANY UNBILLED USAGE CAN BE SET UP ON A DEBT MANAGEMENT PAYMENT PLAN, WHICH WILL BE HANDLED THROUGH YOUR powerPAY ACCOUNT.
3. YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A PAPER STATEMENT (BILL). DAILY powerPAY ACCOUNT HISTORY, USAGE, CHARGES, AND PAYMENTS WILL BE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE INTERNET AT WWW.MYUSAGE.COM. THIS WEB SITE IS DESIGNED TO ALLOW YOU TO CHECK YOUR ACCOUNT BALANCE ONLINE AND SELECT METHODS OF RECEIVING NOTIFICATION WHEN THE MONEY IN YOUR ACCOUNT RUNS LOW. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR MANAGING AND UPDATING THE NOTIFICATION SETTING ON YOUR powerPay ACCOUNT. ALSO, PLEASE KEEP YOUR PHONE NUMBER AND E-MAIL ADDRESS UPDATED. IF YOUR CONTACT NUMBERS ARE NOT CURRENT, YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE NOTIFICATIONS AND SERVICE MAY BE DISCONNECTED WITHOUT FURTHER NOTICE.
4. THIS NEW ACCOUNT WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR AND WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR EXTENSIONS OR PAYMENT ARRANGEMENTS. ENERGY ASSISTANCE PAYMENTS WILL BE APPLIED TO YOUR powerPAY ACCOUNT ONCE PAYMENT IS RECEIVED. (NOT THE VOUCHER, THE ACTUAL PAYMENT)
5. AS A powerPAY ACCOUNT CUSTOMER, YOU ARE NOT SUBJECT TO NORMAL COLLECTION OR DELINQUENT FEES. HOWEVER, A FEE OF $0.20 WILL BE CHARGED TO YOUR ACCOUNT DAILY, TO COVER THE COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR ACCOUNT. THIS FEE IS IN ADDITION TO THE STANDARD CHARGES FOR YOUR MONTHLY USAGE.
6. IF RETURNED PAYMENTS, SUCH AS A BAD CHECK, ARE RECEIVED ON YOUR ACCOUNT, THE AMOUNT OF THE RETURNED PAYMENT AND A $30.00 RETURNED CHECK CHARGE WILL BE APPLIED TO YOUR ACCOUNT IMMEDIATELY. IF THIS CAUSES THE CREDIT BALANCE ON YOUR ACCOUNT TO BE BELOW $00.00, SERVICE WILL BE DISCONNECTED IMMEDIATELY. THIS WILL INCLUDE DURING SEVERE WEATHER CONDITIONS, OR EVEN IF YOU HAVE SOMEONE IN THE HOUSEHOLD WITH A MEDICAL CONDITION.
7. YOU WILL BE ABLE TO MAKE CASH AND CREDIT/DEBIT CARD PAYMENTS IN THE MDEC OFFICE FROM 7:30 A.M. UNTIL 4:30 P.M., MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY, EXCEPT HOLIDAYS. THIS PAYMENT HAS TO BE $10.00 OR MORE.
8. IF YOUR ACCOUNT IS DISCONNECTED AND DOES NOT BECOME ACTIVE AGAIN; AFTER 7 DAYS THE ACCOUNT WILL BE CONSIDERED INACTIVE AND WILL BE TERMINATED. IF YOUR SERVICE IS TERMINATED UNDER THESE CIRCUMSTANCES, YOU WILL RECEIVE A FINAL BILL AND/OR REFUND CHECK TO THE LAST KNOWN ADDRESS ON FILE.
9. AFTER A PERIOD OF SIX (6) MONTHS, YOU MAY ELECT TO CONVERT YOUR powerPAY ACCOUNT BACK TO A REGULAR POST-PAID ACCOUNT. HOWEVER, AT THIS TIME, MDEC WILL REQUIRE A DEPOSIT AND ANY UNPAID AMOUNT TO BE PAID IN FULL.
10. “TRUE UP” DAY WILL BE THE 1ST WORKING DAY OF EACH MONTH. FOR NEW powerPAY MEMBERS THE “TRUE UP” WILL CONSIST OF $1-$5.00. EXISTING MEMBERS THAT HAVE CHANGED FROM REGULAR BILLING TO powerPAY WILL “TRUE UP” THE SAME; EXCEPT FOR THE FIRST MONTH. THE 1ST MONTH “TRUE UP” WILL CONSIST OF CHARGES OWED FROM THE EXISTING ACCOUNT. THIS CAN RANGE FROM $10-$40.00. IT’S THE MEMBERSHIP RESPONSIBILITY TO BE AWARE OF THESE CHARGES THE FIRST MONTH. THIS COULD LOWER YOUR powerPAY BALANCE DRASTICALLY. HOWEVER, THIS WILL ONLY HAPPEN THE FIRST MONTH.
11. MDEC IS HERE BY GRANTED AN EASEMENT TO INSTALL AND MAINTAIN ITS EQUIPMENT, TO ACCESS ITS METER (24 HOURS PER DAY) AND TO TRIM AND/OR REMOVE ANY VEGETATION MDEC DETERMINES NECESSARY TO PREVENT INTERRUPTION OF SERVICE.
12. MDEC MAY DENY SERVICE IF IT DETECTS A SAFETY HAZARD IN THE CUSTOMER’S APPLIANCES OR WIRING OR IF A CUSTOMER VIOLATES MDEC’S RULES AND REGULATIONS. MDEC IS NOT UNDER ANY DUTY TO INSPECT THE CUSTOMER’S PREMISES.
13. CUSTOMER WILL NOT TAMPER WITH, ADJUST OR RELOCATE MDEC’S METER OR ANY OF ITS EQUIPMENT.
14. CUSTOMER AGREES TO PAY MDEC’S EXPENSES AND ATTORNEY FEES INCURRED IN ENFORCING THIS AGREEMENT OR IN COLLECTING ANY SUMS DUE FOR SERVICES. I UNDERSTAND THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SPELLED OUT IN THE powerPAY ACCOUNT ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE. IF ANY CHANGES ARE MADE YOU WILL BE NOTIFIED BY MAIL. BY CHECKING "I Agree" ABOVE INDICATES I HAVE CAREFULLY READ AND UNDERSTAND THE TERMS OF THE powerPAY ACCOUNT SERVICE AGREEMENT WITH MARSHALL-DeKALB ELECTRIC COOPERATIVE.